Sunday, October 21, 2018

Body Work

Every morning, whether I feel like it or not, I put my body through a few paces. No going out the door, no eating breakfast until they are done.  Some stretches, a little core work in 15 minutes, and that’s it. I’ve been doing the same routine for a very long time. I’m pretty sure there’s nothing wrong with it.

But last Saturday morning I was introduced to a whole new level of body shaping and strengthening by Stephanie Petty, who has bcome personal trainer for three of my relatives.  In a little over an hour, I began to understand why all of them are so high on her. Even though in the last months, I’d been noticing changes in them, I didn’t buy into their lofty claims for Stephanie.

The “noodle” of the group is now standing  straighter, has a six-pack and visible muscles in his upper arms. Amazingly, he recently led the way on a family 10-mile hike and said he loved it.  Another said goodbye to years of back pain and the third reached a goal weight and had a radical improvement in his golf scores.

Now it was my turn. Stephanie is a certified personal trainer with a degree in kinesiology and a passion for changing peoples’ lives. She pushes, but not hard enough to make you cry. She explains why you are being asked to do an exercise in a certain way, all the time offering encouragement.


Yikes! I don’t mean my words to sound like a blatant ad for Stephanie’s services. I just want to share my first experience with a passionate and knowledgeable personal trainer. She’s based in Cheyenne, Wyoming with a local clientele. She is in the process of organizing an online 22-day abs challenge. It’s available without charge to anyone who signs up.  Let her know if you are interested at stephaniepetty2012@gnail.com. Could be fun to give it a try!

No comments: